see more events
Furniture & Design Sales Consultant
The successful Interior Design Sales Consultant will be self-motivated, tech savvy, has an eye for color, design and home furnishings, as well as the ability to sell design and build rapport with clients and Professional interior designers to keep them coming back. The designs include space planning, fabric coordination, product selection and overall project design. Successful execution is evidenced by developing individualized designs and achieving sales goals in a commission-based selling environment representing Kesay home furnishing products and services.
As a Kesay Design Consultant, your compensation will be incentive based with total compensation determined by commissions earned. With our competitive compensation plan, you will have the potential to realize a base salary plus commission on all written sales.
- Design and create projects using technical and creative skillsin color and space planning.
- Create home furnishing design solutions that are consistent with the customer’s preference and budget.
- Customarily and regularly (typically on a weekly basis) make home calls to evaluate the customer’s needs and provide a total individualized design solution that closes the interior design project and furniture sale.
- Professionally greet customers to establish rapport and obtain appointments and in-home consultations.
- Utilize corporate systems and technology to maximize efficiency in designingfurniture projects, creating presentations and providing professional service for the design team’s customers.
- Enter and monitor orders utilizing the retail point of sale system.
- Educate customers about the complimentary design service Kesay provides, offering as little or as much design service as a customer desires.
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
- Coordinate with the team to provide exceptional service to customers.
- Participate as required in all corporate sponsored marketing and training programs.
- Assist with updating furniture lines and ensuring all sales tools are up to date.
- Demonstrated ability to practice residential interior design including the ability to design and create projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning.
- Revit, Autocad, Sketchup experience (preferred)
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach with demonstrated strong design and furniture experience, customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with in-home consultative design service or relatedhome furnishings and decor industry.
- Must be able to work Weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide own transportation to and from customer’s homes.
- An IPad or laptop for use in the Store and customers homes.
- A minimum of two (2) years, combined, practical interior design experience and/or two (2) years retail/furniture experience.
- Broad knowledge in interior design and effective sales techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail/Furniture: 2 years
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will be contacting eligible candidates for interviews only.